Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sachs Roadster

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by pete the freak, Dec 6, 2005.

1. So, I was inspired by the "Simple Bikes" thread, and went for a quick gander through the Sachs website.
    The 650 Roadster is a very nice looking bike, and I know there a few peeps on this forum that think the world of them.
    My question is, what is SOOO good about them? I know they look pretty sick, and the single air cooled motor would mos' def put out a spine tingling tone... But what makes these little german machines so incredibly appealling???

And how much are they? I've figured out there's only one mob in Oz that imports them, and it's some mob down in Vic. Does anyone have any idea on pricing of the thing??

(Context: Off P's in June, currently salivating at all the possibilities, love nekkid, love simple...)

EDIT: The supplier here is "Australian Motorcycle Importers" South Melbourne.

2. The Sachs importers might be Johnny O's company, IIRC. Maybe drop him a PM for more info.

3. Paging JohnnyO -

He works for the importer, and has just bought the only one in the country at the moment I think (?) - he's a big rap for it, loves the thing.

4. Yeah, found their website, $11,999 RRP

EDIT: Just looked on Bikepoint, Bikesales & Tradingpost, they don't even have Sachs in their drop down lists...

Maybe Johnny's got THE ONLY ONE in the country...

5. A couple of years ago when I worked up the top end of Collins St, I used to see a couple of Sachs parked outside 120 Collins St. 2 different models, never both there at the same time, can't remember the model names. I figured someone owned one of each...

6. [quote="Gromit
    A couple of years ago when I worked up the top end of Collins St, I used to see a couple of Sachs parked outside 120 Collins St. 2 different models, never both there at the same time, can't remember the model names. I figured someone owned one of each...

[/quote]

Hi all :) the Sachs' parked in Collins St belonged to the old importer, you'd see a Benelli Tornado parked there sometimes also.

Not wanting to speak out of line on a privately owned forum but yeh, I ride a Sachs 650, I turned it into a Streetfighter, I love it more & more every time I ride it.

I think Bikebizz in Parramatta has a demo bike. There are plenty around the country, I think we have imported about 50 so far; my bike was the first ADR test bike that we got.

7. So what makes 'em so good?

Use all your salesman skillz and convice me I should buy one...

8. I love the name of the concept bike

"MadAss"

I'd buy one just to say I own a Mad Ass bike!

But yeah more power to them

9. I'm not allowed to say on the forum but my email is john@scps.net.au if you'd like more info :D

10. The RRP is $9,990

11. Not that I mind...

but why the naked people on the front of the web site?

12. And it isn't very work safe at the minute. :shock:

13. Sheesh, and if you're gonna show boobies, get some GOOD ONES!

14. ALL BOOBIES ARE EQUAL!

....some are just more equal then others :p

15.  Top
  16. ^^^^^ my boss had talks with Voxon at the Milan Motorcycle Show, we may go down that road.

17. Personally, I have never riden a bike that is so user friendly than the Sachs. Mind you, I am not a big fan of naked bikes, but the minute I took off, It felt like I was at home on it. You will know what I mean, if you ever get a test ride on one. :)

18. Whats the fuss about the boobies. the guy looks like a bloke from Faulty Towers. The hotel inspectors episode, he wasnt one, he was just selling spoons! Basil went from sucking up his arse to belting him!

19. Hmmmm...hope he reads some Euro/ British Newsgroups...not too many happy Voxan customers by the looks of it :-((
    Bummer, like the looks and a few other bits there.