Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sachs kn 150 Carburettor problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by dave r, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Hi
    I'm new to the forum. I found my way here looking for info on the sachs 150 express. I just bought a secondhand one yesterday but there is a problem with the carby - it won't tick over with out the choke being half on. I presume that I need to "open the air door" as the chinese so eloquently put it. Has anyone had the same trouble or now how to adjust the throttle opening.
    regards
    Dave

2. sell it as soon as you can.

I bought one new in 07 when i was on my learners and it was the biggest automotive mistake of my life. So much went wrong with it, i ended up giving it to a friend who has a farm where he turned it into a dirt bike.

buy a postie, bide your time until you have your fulls and then upgrade

3. regarding the carby, you can adjust the idle speed by standing on the left hand side of the bike and turning the idle screw clockwise (from memory). you just need a flathead screw driver. the screw is coloured gold.