Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sachs Express Broken Key

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by RobKemp, Oct 28, 2010.

1. I found this site after my key broke (yeah, don't leave it in the steering lock when you move the bike - lesson learned), and as there was plenty of quality info, here's my contribution.
    Anyway, after running around Melbourne trying to find a replacement spare (Went to a run of the mill key cutter, Scoota Vita (Brunswick), FX Powersports (Brunswick again, who are supposed to be a dealer of Sachs), Peter Stevens in the city (who, in yet another display of awesome and consistent customer service referred me to a locksmith), and finally a locksmith in Hardware Lane. He took one look at my remaining key, 30 seconds and $11 later, I had a spare that worked properly.

So, in order to save you a good 2 days of running around, here's the key code that works for Sachs Express:

Yes, that's it. While the key looks a little plain, it works.

2. LOL - did the same thing with my Sachs - stupid cheap ass chinese metal. Took both parts to Mitre10 and they cut a new one for me. ( $7 I think it was )
  3. You dont want to do this on any bike i did this on my old honda years ago.