Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SA] Where to get wheel rims polished

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by edgelett, Sep 22, 2006.

1. OK, please NO-ONE MENTION THIS TO TONY AT DINNER/COFFEE
    He's been harping on about wanting his wheel rims polished for ages
    So I thought it would make the perfect christmas present for him.

However I have no idea where to go to get it done or how much it costs

Can someone in South Australia please recommend where I should call up for a quote?

I would be taking the whole bike in, not just the wheels.

2. Be prepared to keep polishing them for him, possibly a better alternative is to have them polished and nickel plated, much easier to maintain.

3. I hardly ever touch my polished rims??

Maybe the initial polishing process or the actual quality of alloy used in the rim in the first place makes a difference, but I would say that mine are basically maintenance free. They look as good as the day they were done.

I just give them a wipe down every now and again when the rest of the bike gets a tub to remove any chain lube etc and bling bling, i'm on my way.

Get comments on them all the time...

4. You'se are all talking about how your rims are polished but have not actually told her where to get it done :?

Edgelett I think there may be a place on Nth East Rd that does it. They have a blue and red neon sign saying chrome plating and polishing or something. If you are heading from our place go down Gnd Jnctn Rd swing a left and follow Nth East Rd down (at night cause I cant remember how far down it is) and just look for the neon sign then go there the next day ;) It will be on your left.

Other than that I don't really have much of an idea. Alternativly. You could just walk into a crash repairers of sorts and ask them if they will do it. If not im sure they will point you in the right direction. :)

5. thanks mate, will try to pop in there after work & before dinner on monday.

will just have to organise getting his bike there without him knowing..........could be tricky!!!

6. you can also do it yourself in around a day if you have no luck and are handy with masking tape.

There is a tutorial on this site in the articles section.
    I did it to mine and they came up an absolute treat.

7. I know you can do it yourself - you seem to have missed the point that this is a christmas gift for my BF that I want to arrange without him knowing about it

He'll be suspicious if he sees me in the carport taping up his wheels.

8. Hi Edgelette, sorry this is in Vic but our local Suzuki dealer in Frankston charges $380 to do two wheels includes removing etc.

This might be a guide on price have fun

9. well this sux
    Here I am secretly plotting & organising for my dad to come over early in the morning & do an 'overhaulin" by taking his bike away without him knowing
    and off he goes to get a new tyre & organises to get his rims polished.

should have them done next week or two.

god he's annoying sometimes!!! Last 3 xmas presents I thought to myself would be perfect, he's gone & bought it for himself a month before xmas.

I've decided now that this year I shall buy him a present on December 24.

:mad:

10. well this sux
    Here I am secretly plotting & organising for my dad to come over early in the morning & do an 'overhaulin" by taking his bike away without him knowing
    and off he goes to get a new tyre & organises to get his rims polished.

should have them done next week or two.

god he's annoying sometimes!!! Last 3 xmas presents I thought to myself would be perfect, he's gone & bought it for himself a month before xmas.

I've decided now that this year I shall buy him a present on December 24.

:mad: