Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SA] Vote for me, vote for me!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by hornet, Feb 22, 2010.

1. They'd better not forget that sipping coffee should result in a twenty four month suspension and a five thousand dollar fine...
  2. I find myself hating anything labour more and more.
  4. Then you haven't been looking at the evidence. The road toll has been dropping every year in pretty much every category for the last 10 years+

The RTA versions are available here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/downloads/accident_statistics_dl4.html

The point is that the licensing laws probably had very little to do with it compared to the advances in car technology and improvements in roads.
  5. Mike Rann (like many politicians) is a vote-whore.

I hope he outlives his kids.
  6. I agree completely with big maximum sentences for drink driving. 24 months suspension for 0.08% (fulls) or 0.02-0.03 for p's.

I hope he outlives his kids. - An interesting curse to wish on someone...
    "I don't like you, I hope you live to be 150."
  7. They always say the worst thing in the world is when a parent buries a child because of the sorrow that they live with for the rest of their lives. I think this is what the curse means.
  8. Yeh I saw that option, I'm just sure that Bonk would not wish an early death on the guy's children.
  9. No, but with particular regard to the topic of road-safety, there are many politicians who, I think, should feel the same pain many families go through (loss of a loved one) that IS the result of them towing the more profitable enforcement line, rather than make any improvements to driver training or public transport.

There will always be accidents on the roads, but the cost of wilful ignorance and mismanagement - then spinning it to blame individuals too dead to defend themselves, and score points off the rebound just disgusts me.
  10. You don't have to have tried heroin to have an opinion about its effects, but I'm sure many politicians seem to be remote from normal experiences. You'd have to think, though, that they've had children in accidents, and parents with aging problems, etc, and it does make you wonder why many policies seem not to take the real world into account :?
  11. Triple backflip with half pike. Impressive. :wink: