Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA - Stolen Scooter

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by GiantGuineaPig, May 5, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I just signed up to notify you all that my scooter was stolen this morning - in case you come across anything etc I assume this is the best community to let you know.

The scooter is a SYM VS125 Gun metal grey colour, immaculate condition. Rego is YZT682 and the VIN is RFGHU12W885000665.

It was stolen from the Marion area - police report has been done.

If you know of anything, have any suggestions or any other comments feel free to reply.

I've also notified the place I bought it from, which is the only place in SA you can buy this scooter.

Not a fellow VS!

If they find the bugger who stole it they should cut their hands off.

If you do get it back, maybe you should look at the possibility of gps tracking. i know it sounds a little far fetched, but how much money can you put on your pride and joy.

I got one from china its about 3 inches long, runs off the 12 volt and if the bike battery is disconnected the internal battery in the unit kicks in. just put a prepaid sim card in it and you can remotely turn it on and off and it will show you where it is via google maps.

cost me around 400 bucks for it. but worth it. will find a link and post later.
  3. I was thinking the same thing actually!

I don't know why people would bother stealing a scooter, surely they are hard to sell stolen?

That does sound pretty cool with the GPS, was thinking an alarm might be enough to scare off anyone trying to steal it?

Anyway looks like I have to wait 14 days then I'll be in the market for another scooter again, unless mine turns up.

If theres any other websites I should post this info on please let me know or PM me!
  4. Hope you get it back.
    That sux! :shock:
  5. #5 octdiamond, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Just trying to find the link now, theres plenty of different models and stuff to get. plus with the VS125 theres mad amounts of room to mount stuff inside the rear body of the scooter. i have 12 volt power on mine for my little compressor and to power my top-box stereo

yes i know, stereo system on a scooter lol!

[media=youtube]cb7GixeQXf4[/media] check it out!
  6. V. interested in your GPS bike tracker.
    Can you find the ebay vendor?