Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA - Scooters Crushed under Hoon laws

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by SlowRider, Oct 25, 2011.

1. http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/famil...-under-hoon-laws/story-e6frea6u-1226175600029

I would love to know what the 2 100cc Scooters were being used for to be considered confiscated under the hoon laws.

Anyone know what happened??

P.S - The story only mentions the scooters in passing. No need to read it for any juicy details as there are none.
  2. #3 Vertical C, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  3. Must have been a real effort for a couple of scooters.

I can see some of us say 'Good, two nuisances less on the road'. lol
  4. All scooter riders are hoons.
  5. Hoon scooters.
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The Madass and CT110 will be next.
  6. Don't laugh. The CT110's cousin, the mighty Step-Thru is probably the easiest bike in the world to wheelie. So much so that most owners I've known have looped theirs unintentionally at one time or another. My own 5 seconds of fame was achieved in front of an appreciative chip shop queue and involved being dragged screaming across three lanes of traffic, behind a near vertical bike, before falling over sideways and rotating in small circles for several years until I managed to reach the key to turn the bloody thing off :shock::oops:.
  7. Poor scooters. They did not deserve such a fate.

Their riders, on the other hand ...
  8. The CT110's are not too bad either. But hard to balance with the bags on.
    You cant put a foot out or drag them unfortunately. Your feet get caught under the bags and break your ankle.
    KTM 525 ...... the wheelie king
  9. 2 less scooters parking illegally in motorcycle only parking zones.

not nice to destroy someone elses property though. not a very civil approach.[-(
    i would certainly be upset if someone took my bike away and crushed it.
    but then, not nearly as upset as the guy who crushed it. after i butcher his entire family with a chainsaw. violence begets violence.

Ok... so my medicine has kicked in \\:D/ and can now edit with this pretty picture of a scooter gone to heaven ... feeling much better now yes

RIP my pretties, be happy and gay for enternity in the scooter afterlife :roses: