Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SA] Saturday 2nd September - Hills to Lunch at Victor

Discussion in 'Other States' started by EACRUISER, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Impromptu Ride.

Northern Meet Point: Civic Park - Tea Tree Plaza
    Time: 9.00am

Ride through to Mt.Lofty via Chain of ponds, Gorge Rd, Corkscrew Rd and Montacute.

Eastern Meet Point: Mt.Lofty
    Time: 10.00am - 10.15am

ride through to Morphettevale

Southern Meet Point: Junk Food Corner, Morphettevale
    Time: 11.15 - 11.30

ride through to Victor Harbour for a counter meal at the pub for lunch.

Return Ride through Normanville and then back through town, or perhaps
    hills depending on everyone's decision.
  2. Damn I am busy.

How about a run next weekend as well.
  3. Will do mate.

Waiting for trent's bike to get running, There is a Sunday run next weekend.
  4. I just saw it. Booking it in. :) No daughter that week as well and Ill be on the ZZR-600 as I sold the 250
  5. Hi All,

I have to tour my spainish relies around this weekend. Doing the stupid Adelaide
    Royal Show in the stupid car. .. go there, pay my stupid $22 or whatever the bloody
    hell it is, and then look at stupid animals exhibits all bloody day long.

I am all up for the week after that though !

Nb/ Club-E is doing a ride on Sunday the 10th. How about we all tack along
    with them ?. It's up to the Barossa.

I know we have done the Barossa a million times, but I suggested to E-rider that
    we go via Menglers Hill. We haven't gone that way before.

6. Wild ride guys. Was a blast. To bad you other pikers missed out. Stupid f**king bike "broke down" :mad: on the Victor Harbour road. So there we were pulled off all my fairings on the side of the road trying to figure out what the hell went wrong. I forgot what EACRUISER said was wrong with it, but he worked it out. Something to do with the fuel switch/line. NO I didn't leave it on OFF for you smart arses out there :p . But he got it working... There was actually no need to pull the fairings off, but we had to check that the sparkies were doing what they are meant to and spark, which they were. :idea:

All, in all was a great ride, although my backside is sore as hell now. : :evil:
  7. Spewin. I am so cut. I would have liked to see you chonk out (just kidding BAWUHAHAHA)
    I'm glad you got it sorted. Was it a windy ride ?

8. There was a bit of wind, but it wasn't too bad, I didn't get blown over anyway, so it cant have been too drastic.

Oh, and I almost became a statistic, that was a bit scary. But, I am sure that someone else will fill you in on that one. I shat myself... Not literally but it was really f**kin scary. :shock:

Oh and next time I see you, remind me to push Optimus over for your comment :p
  9. fug. You'll have to tell me about it on coffee night.

10. Yeh no worries I will tell your wednesday. Writing it just wouldn't do it justice I don't think, won't be as understandable.
  11. fill me in on what happened guys! i would have came if i didnt go to melb
  12. Well the ride through to morphett vale was interesting for us northerners.

We got to morphettvale and then as we were riding along the Victor Harbour road sketchies bike decided that it had enough. We stripped his bike down and found that he had spark. Just so you all know, his sparkplugs are in the centre of the head and absolutely impossible to get to. but i got a lead off, and used my bike's sparkplug to check if his coil was working. Which it was, so I checked his Fuel lines and it seems as though the D.B.M strikes again. His petcock had blocked up, so a little wriggle of the knob, put it on prime, started the bike, put it back to on etc. and his motor was fine for the rest of the trip.

:LOL: :LOL: We have a photos of this naked Kawasaki ZX2R, and the stricken rider. :p :p :LOL: :LOL: which i will post tonight :LOL: :LOL:

After Victor harbour we traversed the fast delamere sweepers and then after a refuel for my bike, we headed down to Cape Jervois. Where we had some photo opportunities and then head back towards Normanville and Yankalilla.

As i was leading for most of the trip, i got a clean view of sketchies "incident" after i got my bike back under control.

Coming out of Yankalilla, the first turn left there was a heap of gravel on the corner. I went around and the rear end slipped and thankfully I managed to catch it before i went over the double lines. Then i looked into the rear vision mirror to see sketchie cross over the line at about 80 and completely into the middle of the oncoming traffic lane. The Ute that was coming straight at him somehow managed to miss him, God knows how and he managed to get out of the way. :shock: :shock:

After that we stopped at the next available spot just to regain composure.

That was really the only close incident worth reporting on for the trip.
  13. The ride next sunday will be the club 'E' ride jason. :cool: :cool:

Something different where we won't have to lead, or get lost down a dirt road etc. :p :p :LOL: :LOL:
  14. Haven't been on a club E ride b4 have you mate :p
  15. No, not yet so it will be an experience.

But i don't ride a trail bike so the first moment i see dirt "i am a stoppin"
  16. anyone get pics? ;)
  17. Lol the first ride I went on was with them, and the group I was with took a wrong turn in Woodside and we had to follow Patto (L plater at the time aswell on a 2-stroke traily) back because he was the only one who knew where he was going...

We delayed the ride by about 30mins while they waited for us wondering WTF?
  18. I will post the pics when i get home. Haven't brought them to work and i was busy yesterday so i couldn't post.
  19. cool thanks!

how many bikes were there?
  20. Was it the type of gravel deposited by _______ 4WDer's that don't know how to take
    a turn ?. There was a fatal accident on that corner November last year.