Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(SA) Riverland M/cycle Riders Group - Anzac Day Morning Ride

Discussion in 'Other States' started by michnet76, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Anzac Day Morning Ride - Put on your woolens and join us for a dawn ride to honour those who served our nation in times or war.

Proposed Itinery: Meet at Berri BP to leave by 5.40am* for Renmark for dawn service, breakfast/coffee after service at macca's... then head off on Sturt Hwy heading towards Mildura, turn off at Lyrup road turnoff and travel to Loxton, then up to Moorook, and finish at Barmera. 121km approx all up. *Starting time to be confirmed.

This ride is for any motorcycle enthusiast who enjoys a good ride with good company. Our intention with these rides is to provide a meeting opportunity for like minded people to chat about motorbikes, rides and anything else and to experience what riding in a group is like.

If 5 or more bikes will be riding, we'll designate a ride leader and tail-end-charlie and ask that those participating stay between the two. If there are more than 10 riders we will discuss other ride protocols in more detail at the beginning of the ride. Any protocols are setup to try and make sure no rider is left behind in case of breakdown or if they come off for any reason and to ensure we all have a safe and enjoyable experience. Hooning, any other law infringing acts or unsafe conduct will not be tolerated and you'll be asked to leave the group and make your own way home.

We are not trying to form a club or association, merely a loosely based group of riders living in the Riverland of any age, background or motorcycle type who enjoy going on small group rides together. I have setup a group on facebook for those who are into it called 'Riverland Motorcycle Riders Group' which I will post organised rides on. I would like to try and have an organised ride set up at least once a month and send out the date a couple weeks ahead so you can keep it clear in the dairy... Rides, at this stage, will either be a Friday evening ride which will include tea at a club or pub, or a Saturday ride which would include a morning (or afternoon) tea stop like this Saturday. If anyone has any suggestions for routes or destinations, please let me know!! Unfortunately with the busy lives we all lead, we can't cater for everyone with our dates and times. So we understand not all dates and times will be suitable for you. If you are planning a ride at any stage and would like some others to join you, then please email or sms me your details and I'll send it out via the facebook group and through email to the others, others might like to join you too if they're available.

If you would like to be reminded/notified for rides my SMS please send me your mobile number.

Carl Boehm
    M 0411 364 557