Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA riding restricted bikes

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by harris__6, Jun 7, 2008.

1. hey im wondering what trouble my friend is going to get in if he jumps on a bike like F6ZN?

what are the chances he'll get caught

what happens if he has an accident with insurance?

what are the fines?
  2. No chance in the world he will get caught.
    they will probably give him a new bike and insure it for free
    A slap on the wrist and sent to bed without dinner

Is this the quality of questions that come out of SA???

3. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

your "friend" if caught will more than likely get a fine and depending on state laws may lose points
    if he is involved in an accident then the situation changes ](*,)
  4. His bike will explode, sauteeing his nads.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. I think what people are trying to say is:

Chances of getting caught are low.

If your mate has an accident his/herinsurance is up the creek and he/she had better hope they hit something cheap - kepp them away from me, by the way, because I can't afford them! It is a stupid and inconsiderate way to go, because it isn't just them who will suffer the consequences in an accident, it could also any poor bugger who they hit and hasn't got comprehensive insurance.

Who cares what the fines are? That's the lowest risk.
  6. FZ6 is a great bike

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Mmhmm.

In an accident the insurance company will say, "Hey, you were riding out of your license class, so we're not paying a cent", and suddenly you get to personally foot the bill for:
    * your $16,000 crashed bike
    * your $2000 of destroyed gear
    * the $200,000 Mercedes you ran into
    * the lifetime medical payouts for whiplash and mental suffering caused to the driver of the car

Not worth it. Learn to ride the wheels off of the learner bike - they're just as fast in the twisties as a big bike, and a lot of fun.
  8. Would your friend happen to be 190cms tall and weigh about 110kgs?