Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SA] - Ridersafe Advanced Course PASSED!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Trisha14, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Hey all

Just thought I'd let you know that after all my stressing and worrying I passed the course and am now off the dreaded L's. Don't have to wear the P either because I'm a fully licensed driver!!! Wahoo!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

2. oh frabjous joy, calooo callay :LOL:

Congratulations and all that sorta guff, welcome to the un-labelled riders' association.....
  3. Thanks hornet!!

And also thankyou everyone for your advice that you gave - VERY much appreciated!
  4. Congrats! Was it as hard as you were expecting?
  5. Congats on passing Trisha. So do fully licensed drivers who pass the advanced rider safe course not have to wear P's on their bike? Does this mean the restrictions still last 12 months? Also what about the blood alcohol limit. Does it still have to be 0.0 like P's or is it the same as fully licensed car drivers? Cheers.
  6. Congrats Trisha,

so we'll be seeing you at Wednesday Night Coffee then ?
  7. Hi all.

RGVMAN - It wasn't that hard.... but I did make it harder by stressing myself out. Ironically though I breezed through the test I thought would give me the most trouble and stuffed up the ones I thought I'd be fine with - go figure!!

AF2AF3 - I will definitely be making the effort to get to coffee night soon. Perhaps this week. Next week won't be a goer as its my B'day and having a family BBQ!

bass_player - Nope don't have to wear the P plates. And from what I understand the only restriction that then applies is and new LAMS restricition of a bike up to 660cc with power to weight of 150:t.
  8. See told ya so!! Congrats, see you at coffee soon!

Yep you just restricted on size for a year then off you go, all else is same as your normal drivers licence now...
  9. I know you did fluffy bunny - I'll know to listen to you next time :p

Actually everyone in our group passed!
  10. Great I may have to book in sooner to get off my L's. :D I wasn't going to bother until closer to winter because I thought I'd have to wear P's. You seem to get unwarranted attention when you have either an L or P on your car/bike......
  11. What is the P's test like?
  12. I was hoping to get my P's back when i did mine :p

P plater chicks never look at me anymore :p :LOL:
  13. I have my advanced test on February 18th. I rang up in the first week of November to book and that's the earliest I can go - which sucks!!!

Thing that bothers me the most about L plates is the 80kph limit - when going for rides with my other half we're stuck at 80 in 100 zones...very annoying.

(yes I'm one of those annoying chick riders that is a stickler for obeying the speed limit....at least while still on my L's!)
  14. Hey edgelett! Come on out to Wednesday night coffee and meet the gang... We still got a couple of L platers (1 of em another chicky too and 1 more comin when my other half does her licence early next year!)... Rides are organised occasionaly from there!
  15. possibly - we normally are busy wednesdays but we're free this week.

can you give me details of where/when etc? apparently i can use PM's now I have over 5 posts so you can send me one & I'll check with the other half what we're up to this Wednesday.
  16. congrats on your pass, you wouldn't believe how much quick the bike will go without that yellow weight hanging on the back.

Cheers stewy
  17. Well done, it all starts now for real.