Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA Recommended Hyosung mechanic Adelaide

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Greydog, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Before I start, yes I DID do a search, and yes, I DID look through the other threads in this section.

Son lives in Adelaide, and owns what I believe is a Hyosung GT250R. Whilst trying to change the chain and do a few other things, he's managed to get a bit lost. He now wants to take the bike (on trailer) into a mechanic to get it put back together again. The back end is in bits, so said mechanic will receive 2/3rds of a bike, some parts, and a lot of bolts etc LOL.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic please? He was going to take it to Peter Stevens, but I told him to hold off until I asked here first.

He lives in the southern suburbs (near Glen Osmond), but would travel.

Thanks everyone.
  2. Sorry cant offer any advice for Adelaide, except there's no reason it has to go to a Hyosung dealer - any decent workshop will do fine.
  3. Ah, I remember doing this with the rear hub of my BMX bike when I was 12. So embarrassing taking in to the bike shop with my mum to have them put it back together. The other older kids from school who were hanging out there thought it was pretty funny as well. The bike mechanic, not so much.
  4. Certainly, so just looking for recommendations for any good mechanic.

It would probably help if they knew something 'cause they're gonna get a jar of bolts haha. Still, probably any good mechanic would be able to do it.
  5. Ok, still looking for recommendations for a trustworthy mechanic in Adelaide, preferably metro. The original issues are resolved; now looking for someone to do additional work and service. No, he doesn't want to service it himself, so no need to suggest it :)

Last time I ended up bringing it home to Melbourne to fix, but obviously that isn't an option for regular work.

Thanks everyone.
  6. Is there any such thing as a recommend Hyasung mechanic. Is there any one silly enough to say they are a recommend Hyosung mechanic in Adelaide or any where else?
  7. Har har. Doesn't have to be a Hyo mechanic, just that's the bike he has. each to their own
  8. What's wrong with the bloke that fixed the first disaster?
  9. Nothing at all....except he's in Victoria.
  10. GreydogGreydog , Paul Illingworth is a private mechanic who works from home - Oaklands Park (near Marion) - ph : 08 8298 9610 .
    Alternatively Roger Pfeiffer from Moto Riders Choice Service and Repair Centre at Morphett Vale ph : 0418 696 987 .

Or Ken and Bo Jensen from Renew Bike Repairs at Salisbury South ph : 08 8283 2466

Paul is a personal mate of mine but also have heard nothing but good things about the other 2 .
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Awesome, thank you :)
    • Like Like x 1