Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SA] Motorcycle Mechanics

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by kenn0171, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Hey all,

Was hoping some people might be able to put up details of the motorcycle mechanics around Adelaide that aren't dealers.
    I've tried having a look, but the only mechanic i've been able to find on the forum is Fubar Motorccles (in the "[SA] Yamaha World" topic).

Primarily, i'm trying to find a mechanics south of the CBD (within about a 20km distance).

2. Good value mechanic

Try Paul Illingworth 8298-9610. Does good work and for realistic price. Is at Warradale and works from home, can sign book for service history.
  3. Scott at Fubar motorcycles was mentioned in the Yamaha World thread as he is honest, reliable, and does good work. He's at Lonsdale. Contact number: 8186 2106.
  4. Hey mate,
    From what I have heard (in my seemingly endless troubles with my bike), go with either of these guys and you will not be left disappointed. Paul has a very, very good reputation, although I cannot vouch for his work personally. I dropped my bike and snapped the front brake lever two weeks ago. Scott from Fubar Motorcycles dropped by my house on his way into the city and popped another spare he had on that afternoon. I was back on the bike in an hour. I'll just clarify, too, that I have only known this mechanic for about two months and so he wasn't just going out of his way for a lifelong friend. Other people around Adelaide are also returning good reports of his work and ethic, so give him a go. It's worth the extra distance to Lonsdale if you can manage it.
    Let us know how you get on.