Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA Members! I need help!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Tenoq, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Hello all SA Netriders! I'm looking for a huge favour - slab of beer kind of favour. :wink:

I'm interested in purchasing a particular motorcycle for sale in SA, near the suburb of Marion. I would be greatly indebted to anyone who is mechanically-minded with bikes and would be willing to give the bike a once over for me, and possibly a test-ride. This would be a lot simpler than flying over myself for an inspection, only to find it's 'not quite right'. If you're particularly familiar with Aprilias, that would be even better!

So, anyone thirsty? :LOL: :LOL:

2. I'd offer but there's a number of things holding me back .. I wouldn't drink a slab of beer, I'm not mechanically minded, I'm on restrictions and I'm flying out to Sydney tomorrow morning *laugh*

Good luck :D

3. I know a guy that works on 3 Aprilia race bikes and is a fulltime motorcycle mechanic.

PM me your Mob.

4. What's a "slab?"

:LOL:

But seriously... I'm no help. I don't live in that area.

5. A; Boring flat piece of freeway, also known as a "superslab"
    B; Universal male currency consisiting of refreshing brown liquid stored in convenient 375ml bottles and packed in cardboard cartons known as "slabs", usually stored in a refirgerator and consumed in reasonable quantities with other males.

Regards, Andrew.

6. "B" is never identified as a "slab" in SA. We'd usually refer it to a "carton" or a "box."

That was the joke... :p

7. At least he's not offering a Dapto Briefcase :grin:

8. Pfft - of course it's a slab. 'Sif it's a box! :)

9. I refer to them as slabs... Or cases... More often than not a case tho... but Slab still gets used... :)

10. My family is all kinda country, and its always been a slab, and at least, a carton. Dunno quite what the rest of you are on about with your boxes.

11. "Slab

A carton of beer. Or box of 24 stubbies or cans "

from the Aussiepubs Dictionary

12. Slab/Carton/Box all the same thing :D

Id offer to help, as im near marion all the time, but no actual license as yet hehe :D

13. While you "girls" have been sitting around at your "knitting circle", debating
    what constitutes ....... a slab ............
    Some of us have actually got off our arses and helped Tenoq.
    He now has a bit of the bikes history and a recommendation from a motorcycle mechanic.

Mods::jerk:

14. I forgot today was Take NR Serious day.

15. Is SA it is known as a carton.

And sorry but I dont know anything about Aprilia 2 strokes, I could offer to talk the price down though :cool:

16. I've always know it as a slab and so does everyone else I know in Adelaide.

17. And thanks very much for your help! Should be picking up the beast on Friday, with any luck.

And it ain't a two stroke, BacoThomo. ;)

18. It's not a 2 stroke :shock:

In that case you'll love the beast :cool:

19. a slab or a carton to me...

as for aprillia... no idea..

good to see mark helped ya out! wat time ya getting in friday?

up for a meet n greet and a ride?