Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA - Ls to Where?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by BatGrrrL, May 28, 2006.

  1. Hi Guys,

    I can't find the right info on this :)

    What happens when a full car license holder passes the advanced rider safe course?

    Do you go to Ps? I haven't seen many P plate bikers around compared to L plate riders.

    Thanks :)
    Batty :)
  2. as a full car license holder your still on a restricted liecence (R-Date) but you dont have to display P's
  3. Excellent, thanks Ben, how long does that last? 1 year?
  4. yep 1 year then you have to go into motor reg and get the restriction taken off, its not an automatic thing...

    On R-date you are simply restricted to a LAMS bike... Speed, alcohol and pillions are all as per if you had a full license...
  5. thanks fluffy bunny feet :)