Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SA] L's & P's and the consequences for your Drivers lic

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by wojtek, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Just a hypothetical question, hopefully it won't apply to me but was having a discussion with a few friends.

I have a full car licence, and am on my motorbike L's. Should I breach the L's or P's conditions to a point that the permit is suspended how does it affect my drivers licence?

Ie if i was caught with a BAC over 0.00 and below 0.05, or speed and cop demerit points to the tune of 4.

I assume the demerits are linked when you're on your full licence, are they on the Permits?

2. Well for one, if you are on a full car licence already in SA you won't go on P's when you pass your m/c test.
    It goes straight into and R-date licence, 0.05 BAC and 100kmhr, yeehaaa!! (but you still wear the power-to-weight LAMS limitation for 12 months though.)

I'm pretty certain that the demerits are linked and flow thru to your full licence. I remember this question being raised during my licence test recently by one of the punters.

The law is pretty tough about this stuff nowadays, there are not many loopholes.

3. Sweet, it's the not being able to have a couple of beers after work just in case i want to go for a ride in the next 3 hrs that's getting to me.

Thanks for that