Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SA] Getting a tank resprayed to original plus decals

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by iliketoride, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Hi Everyone,

I'm restoring a little old 100cc two-stroke and I'm looking for a business that can respray both the tank (after stripping and treating for some rust) and the two plastic side panels that cover the battery under the seat.

Also, does anyone know a good business that can do decal recreations as well? There are some stripes on the tank in yellow that I'd like to replicate.

Ideally I'd like it to be cheap :) but I'd also like it done well.

2. This is relevant to my interests as I also need a touch up on my tank.
    Posting to follow.
  3. No one? Surely there is someone here with an operator they could recommend!
  4. Nigel Morrell motorcycle crash repairer at Mile End did an excellent job of fixing, then repainting my tank black. Good as new, couldn't tell the difference. No idea on the decals but have a look at the website.
  5. I haven't been there for a few years but there was a stall in the brickworks markets that made up and sold a lot of similar stuff.....might be worth checking out.

online yellow pages search should get you someone for respraying......
  6. I'm looking for a simlar business in Brisbane - to modify location of filler, prep tank and paint includingfitting decals.

Any hints?