Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

S**T got a red-tape problem coming up in 8 hours!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by slyfox, Jun 25, 2005.

1. arghhhhhhh!!! i was booked in to do my licence course with ride-tek on monday, however they called me and said as i am the only person booked for the course on monday can i come in tomorrow? (today, saturday) i said sure, but i just checked my licence and i think i got it on the 26th of march 05...

that makes tomorrow 2 months and 29 days after getting my L's! ARGGHHHHHHHH!

(not 100% sure as licence says expires 26/6/06, what to do!? :shock: :? :eek:
  2. Just go mate and see what they say. They might change the date on the paperwork if it will be a problem. Good luck too!!

:D :D
  3. Yeah, just go - I reckon Ride-Tek will look after you :) You never know who other Netriders you might see down there also doing they're license course ;)
  4. That means it will expire midnight at the end of the 26th so if you do it today, your fine (they would have to be right tools to give you greave even if you did it on a few days after)

After all you have to wait till midnight the day your restrictions are lifted when you’re on your 250cc restrictions
  5. dont know how keen they would be to fudge the books :p

he hasnt had his learners for 3 months, so is not allowed to go for Ps yet.
  6. Why don't you call them & confirm they will be ok with it?
  7. You finaly LEARNING how to ride mate and making the BIG step to P plates :p :p :p :p :p

Cheers 8)
  8. Heheehhe, Are you, in a roundabout way, asking for a re-run across Reefton now that I have a different bike? :) :p
    Actually, I knew glipshitz was getting his that day too :)
  9. I was under the impression that there was nothing to stop you doing the test for example on the Saturday, but they couldnt process the paperwork and therefore officially give you a pass until the day of your L's passing 3 months.

Or perhaps MTA Dandy are just caring, sharing, and understanding individuals. :D (No, wasnt me... i was too lazy to get them after 3 months - regretting it now.)
  10. So how did you go? Did you pass & will they process it?
  11. Yes, he passed yesterday with me :)

12. Congratulations Slyfox btw if you want a rule bent it's best not to publicly advertise it but go to the source!
  13. Congrats, well done.