Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RXT Metro helmet

Discussion in 'Helmets' started by Jacob33, Aug 8, 2015.

1. I bought this helmet on special for $110, mostly for the retro style. It's an open face with a big visor. It looks cool in red and is quite comfortable, if a bit heavy like most budget helmets.

However after only a month or so a serious build quality issue came up. Air leaks in from one side of the visor, and it hits right in the eyes. It's noticeable at 40km/h onwards. Inspected it for damage but couldn't find any.

YMMV. I may have gotten a bad one, but honestly can't recommend this helmet. It's impossible to ride around with a jet of cold air drying out your eyeballs.

2. Why would you wear that in the first place?
    No wounder they were on sale!
    You get what you pay for!
  3. A dumb impulse buy. You've never made one?
  4. Yeah - but I didn't put my head and face in it....

.....Oh wait......
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yep I have made many of them lol
  6. I have one, and the "eyeball air-jet" is present on mine. I wouldn't tell anyone to rush out and buy one, but they are a pretty good helmet for the summer commute, where I generally ride with the visor up anyway. I prefer an open face helmet, and have tried a lot of them on. Strangely enough, the more expensive ones seem significantly less comfortable than some of the cheapies (for my fat head). I really wanted a Shark Raw, but I just couldn't get comfortable in it.
  7. I've got one (it's my around town helmet) and I have to say I've never noticed the 'eyeball air-jet' but I wear glasses and ride behind a screen.

I found the shape of the helmet (long oval) to be very comfortable with the shape of my head and similar to Tracer I tried a number of more expensive open face helmets and couldn't find one that fitted as well (most of them seemed to be 'intermediate oval' or 'round oval' (see below for explanation of shapes).

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. I have the same problem with Shoei, my head just doesn't fit them comfortably..
  9. Have you returned the helmet to the place of purchase?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I'd give this a go, you might find they are quite forthcoming. Sounds frustrating, nothing worse than an uncomfortable helmet. BTW: I think it looks pretty sweet.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. #12 John33, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    No but I should've, really silly of me to just let it go without trying to get a refund.