Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RXT Helmets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Milpool, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Does anyone have experience with RXT helmets? That's what I used at my Q-Ride today and it fit -really- well. Nice and secure without being too tight, I got really lucky with that. Now I know that fitting correctly is the most important aspect however I do worry that being cheaper helmets they might not be as safe in the case of an accident. Is this generally the case?

I was also told it was a plastic helmet so not sure what that means in terms of safety either.

2. Rxt is cheap junk plastic shell helmet.

3. If it has a legal compliance sticker then it may not suit the would be racers but it will protect adequately for normal road use.

4. I have an RXT fibreglass model, 3 star rating on crash.org.au.
    Not the best rating out there, certainly not the worst. There are some well known brands which received lesser ratings.
    I bought it as it was the best fitting helmet in the shop for me (amawarehouse Caboolture), value priced, accommodated my glasses, and visor didn't immediately fog up.

5. #5 Audible, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    I had one back in 2006-2008 if memory serves correctly.

It had the aerodynamics of a brick wall. I had to turn my head "into the air stream" otherwise it would deflect your head abruptly. hard to explain, but It's a problem I have never encountered with any other helmet I have owned.
    It leaked water around the visor and after a couple of years, it started to fall apart, the intake grills, the visor swivel. Still, for a couple of hundred dollars, I guess I got what I paid for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I currently use an RXT helmet, and find it adequate for my very short commutes and somewhat short recreational rides.
    As others have mentioned, the buffeting is annoying due to a sincere lack of aerodynamics, but if it's only a short commute at low speeds you won't notice.
    I chose the helmet I have currently as it was the only one that fit my noggin, accommodated my glasses and fell within my budget at the time.
    That being said I plan to upgrade as soon as I'm able to.