Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.


Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by ltflippy, Jul 31, 2013.

  1. Hi
    I am moving to the Gold coast in the next month and am organising to have my bike shipped up there. I will need to transfer the registration to QLD plates, which means I will need a RWC i believe. I have a CBR600RR with an akrapovic system as well as a fender eliminator, which I think are the only things which are going to cause me any trouble. I have never had any problem with Cops in Vic telling me there is anything wrong but not sure what QLD is like.

    What i want to know is how strict is the RWC in QLD, do i need everything to be stock or do the parts need to comply with certain restriction (noise on the muffler - ie i need to add a baffle, mud guard on the fender).
  2. I cant say anything about the motorbike regulations but i highly recommend that you get a mobile RWC inspector to look at the bike. Been mobile and only doing inspections they don't seem to get you to do random repairs that don't really affect your roadworthy. I have helped get 3 vehicles RW recently, took 2 to a shop and ended up not passing and a $1000 bill if i wanted too pass, to getting all 3 passed with only brake pads and a rear light on a single car.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. A prime piece of stupidity has recently come up regarding the Code of Practice for Queensland Inspections which may affect you.

    This applies even if it is a bog standard exhaust

    You will be failed if:

    Exhaust gases do not discharge to the rear of the rearmost seating position of the motorcycle, including motor tricycle(s).


    When registered from new it's OK - but the inspection station MUST fail you on any subsequent inspection or lose their licence.
  4. Having had a few RWC's or Safety Certificates done recently, definetly get a mobile guy. If you go to a shop that you don't know, they will try and generate some work for themselves.

    I used, and cannot praise enough, Brian Harper at Motorcycle Roadworthys on 0402 544 115 (http://www.motorcycleroadworthys.com.au/).

    He is straight up and won't stuff you around. From what I understand, you won't have an issue with the exhaust (I have a staintune on the VFR) but they will be strict on the fender eliminator. Give him a call and discuss this, he will tell you what you need to do in order to pass.
    • Like Like x 1