Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RWC & instrument panel

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by mattb, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Hey All.

Am doing some work on my partner's SR185, to teach thecptn a lesson about who's boss (see his 185 here http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2643ll7.jpg) I'm going a bit more bikini-fairing-cafe-racer but with a more upright position. A question re modifying the instruments and any RWC issues that might arise. I suspect the answer might be partly subject based up on the shop I take it to. I'm thinking of getting rid of the ugly dash and replacing it with a small metal bar that has the warning lights set up - in this case high beam, indicators - which I've seen on other mods. Is this a RWC issue? I'd like to replace the ugly plastic speedo. I've ridden bikes with bicycle speedos fitted. I assume that ain't gonna cut it with RWC requirements?

2. Shoudnt make a diffrence.
    I once got a bike passed that didnt have a workin speedo or any warning lights.
    I dont think there is anything in the book specifing what has to be on the instruments.

NSW at least