Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

rvf400 need desperate help

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by jigxa, Nov 23, 2005.

1. hey guys wodering if anyone can help me? i have a RVF 400 and it been in the garage for last 5 weeks ( very not happy) it have a problem with the rev . On nuetrel the reving it normal but in gear , after 7000rpm it just won't go up like is suppose to . please help

2. OK. did it happen all of a sudden? When you were riding?

Does it just have no guts or does it miss and carry on?
  3. If your bike has just been worked on (in the garage for the last five weeks) it could have the speed restictor unplugged. Your bike is a jap import and all jap domestic market bikes have a speed limiter fitted. If you unplug the restrictor it just cuts the ignition of the bike at around 7000. Sounds like this could be the problem.

If it is this you are looking for a black box up near the headlight with 3 wires coming out of it. From memory the coulors are orange, green and black with a orange stripe. If its unplugged just plug it back in and away you go.

Or you could PM me and I'll give you and easy fix to by pass it. All you need is a soldering iron.