Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rusty old bridge at night

Discussion in 'Non-Bikes' started by Aussie_mate, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Use this river crossing if you dare... I noticed this old rusty bridge while out on a local walking track, so I thought I'd return at night and light it up a bit to get this shot :)

Rusty Bridge.

Picked up a new ND8 filter the other day so I decided to head down to the beach to try it out, was nice of the weather to send through a storm at the same time :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Wow! The bridge shot is awesome! :)
  3. Thanks Ness, after getting half eaten alive it made it all worthwhile :)

The Cliffs at Bundeena in the Royal National Park
  4. I'm loving that bridge shot!

...how did you illuminate it for the shot?
  5. Cheers mate (y)

I had a torch sitting behind the grass on the left with it shooting across the front of the bridge and I was hiding down behind the bridge with my flash gun which I was just firing off manually in different locations for several shots to try and get some different effects. I was triggering the camera on the tripod via a remote and from memory and I had it set to around a 15 sec shutter speed, I only remember that cause I was trying to keep count as I couldn't hear the camera shutter from behind the bridge :) Cheers
  6. That's some old school light painting right there.... you certainly earned that image. (y)
  7. haha yeah I was really hoping the shots just turned out something like what I was after by the end :)
  8. Cheers Reesa (y)