Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Russell Brand - Committee on Addiction

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Ljiljan, Jul 6, 2012.

1. #1 Ljiljan, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Interesting hearing regarding Russell Brand's addiction and treatment, also discusses pro's and con's of drug legalising. I know there is another topic recently on this, but have very limited internet availability.

[media=youtube]O_LHuII-jYQ[/media]

2. Put him on a hardtail with a leather vest, he'd look right cool.

Good vid, thanks for the link, as someone who has personal experiences both the good and bad of drugs, I can't help but think that drugs like Cannabis, LSD, Ecstacy, and even drugs like Psilocybin/DMT should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as drugs like Opiates, Meth and related stimulants) and things like PCP.

I've known a lot of drug users who have caused damage to their minds and bodies with Speed,Ice, and heroin. But none that have done the same with other drugs.
    I think the fact that someone can be sent to jail for smoking weed is ludicris to me, and users of 'harder' drugs need help, not persecution.

Thats a completely subjective opinion, and has no basis in objective scientific fact.

3. thankyou...was a good video with a few very good points made, having a in-law who's on methodone i completely agree...they rely on it..use it as their new LEGAL drug...and when they cant get their methodone they simply opt for the heroin to get them through...it's bullshit and there does need to be more focus on rehabilitating people through methods other than using different drug's than the user is accustomed to.

4. Russel Brand makes the same arrogant assumptions that anyone does who has an agenda to push. He is assuming that everyone is the same, and his method will work for everyone. He wants his method of recovery to be funded, that is why he is there.

Good on him for having a go though, make drug recovery programs to people is never a bad thing. I applaud his efforts.