Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RUOk - Speed Triple rider on Gore Hill FWY @ 12.50 Sun. 16/9.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Stroker, Sep 16, 2012.

1. I always am wary of spending any time following utes or trucks carrying building material, ladders or pipes.

Heading east on the Gore Hill ( Sydney ) freeway today, observed a small ute, carrying sheets of building material in centre lane, I was in far right lane, closing. Also observed ( several times, admiring ) Speed Triple cruising in left lane, minding own business.

As I had to exit shortly, I moved to the centre lane, behind the ute, my next move was going to be to change lanes behind the Speed Triple to exit towards Neutral Bay up the Falcon St exit. Just as I moved behind the ute, everything went white ! Two sheets of particle board flew into the air, flipping and spinning - I know one hit the roof of my Jeep and I clipped the other at the front. Damage was minimal - most of the impact was taken by my steel roof rack.

I can remember seeing the rider on my left out of my peripheral vision ducking. Mate - if you're reading this - are you ok ? If you want the details of the ute driver, PM me.

The ute driver stopped and we exchanged details. I told him to go back and pick up his mess and I reminded him that there are traffic cameras all along that bit of road. At 5:30pm, heading home, the mess was still there.....
  2. Report it to the cops. That sh!t is so dangerous