Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Running rough at 35km/h

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by stevo83, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Hi All,
    I just bought a second hand scooter, Bolwell Jolie DD50 2004 model. I have no idea what has been done to it in terms of performance mods (and I know very little about 2-strokes), but it has quite a bit of punch compared to other models I have ridden, and a top speed of around 75km/h.
    For some reason, when travelling between 30-40km/h the scooter seems like it wants to stall - it loses all power and splutters and coughs. If i give it some throttle it always responds, and once past 40 or so it is perfectly fine again.
    Any ideas what might be causing this? It is perfect at every other speed except at around 35km/h.
    Thanks for any help,

2. i dont know too much about skoots but as they are carby and i know a bit more about cars, i would say it would be carby related.

maybe a blockage?
  3. check your air filter too....had a few similar power problems on the euro and were fixed cleaning out the air filter
  4. Things that have worked for me on my 2-stroke
    1. Use premium petrol instead of regular unleaded. Improve take-off and the scooter doesn't feel like it want to stalled.
    2. How many K's is the scooter. I got the belt and rollers replaced at 20 000 K's and this has really improved the ride alot.