Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Run to the 'Gong' and back.....met Hornet too.......

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Rogues, Apr 18, 2010.

1. well........... got a fleeting glimpse of him anyway, before he fcuked off into the distance..:p........So......... got the 'biatch dynoed in Sydney Monday morning (w00t!....... 1400z (Dean) came over to meet me and we had a nice run down thru the Royal National Park to Stanwell Tops which overlooks the 'Sea Bridge'......... had a bit of a mag to Dean before he headed off home and I continued down to the 'Gong'

Tuesday...... fitted new hoops, both the new 'Power Pure' by Mitchelin....... why??.. dont ask, lets just say the dealer let me down re PR2's at the 'death knock'.... will see how these go, grip okay but I dont think the longevity is gunna be up there
    Anyways......... did a quick Blat up Macquarie Pass to wear them in a bit.......... fanged around and up to Mt Keira lookout to take some piccies and run them in a tad for the morrow..........all good fun.
    Wednesday..... met up with 'Hornet' from the Netrider forum and we had a great morning on the scoots........... up Macquarie Pass, down Jamberoo Rd to Kangaroo Valley on to Berry etc, etc and home........ seemed just a mite early so when we parted I ran Macquarie Pass again.... before going home.
    [​IMG]
    Thursday........ up nice and early to meet Pete (Snapey) up at Bald Hill........ glorious weather by the way ...... a quick and tidy 'blat' thru the 'Nasho'.... cut across to Sutherland/Menai and I was introduced to some nice little backroads courtesy of Pete which led us in a roundabout way via Wallacia down into the Hawkesbury basin to Portland Ferry.
    [​IMG]

Rolled into AlanB's serene, riverside residence for a rejuvenating coffee and a bit of a chat before we set off on the 'River Road' thru the Hawkesbury........
    Holy Mother Of God.............. thats a gorgeous place but........ that road is no place for the faint hearted
    [​IMG]

Got up Nth into the Hunter region and the boys and I parted ways at Wollombi'...............them heading home and me trekking across country to Budgiewoi to say gudday to (Aladdin Sane) Jeff who was kind enough to put me up for the night.
    A bit of a family crisis had arisen so my trip was cut short........... so I headed homeward Friday morning, calling into the Nabiac Museum on the way thru.

It was great to hook up with Dean, Hornet, Pete, Alan & Jeff ......... thanks for making the run more enjoyable with your company guys
    My apologies to the lads that I missed due to either they being unavailable or myself having to cut things short.............

click me: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/Rogues1400/WollongongTrip#

2. Sounds like some fun riding on some great roads, and i'm sure you are not the 1st or last hornet will have chasing a shadow around mac pass loops :LOL:

3. luvin the shot of the twin GSX's !!