Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ruin - Awesome animated short movie

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by arlennnn, May 1, 2013.

1. So I was reading this article on Cracked about awesome sci fi short movies on youtube, thought it was worth sharing :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. When I watched it for the first time I thought that the throttle control must be on the left :)
  3. Very cool.
  4. looked very terminator
  5. yeah, thats good but ''the gift'' - found on that craked page is outstanding...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Arrgh since when did the mighty MT sound like a symphony of sewing machines. Bloody insulting that is.
  7. "The Gift" was ok, but it was a bit Pulp Fiction with the weird glowy box that nobody quite understands. Is it a unicorn, or, like, what is it? Why's the robot killing itself over it? Who the hell knows. Bit arty-farty stupid IMHO.

This, OTHO, is very Terminator and seems to have a Hunter Killer chasing some dude down what I take to be the Santa Monica freeway somewhere between whatever date Skynet became self-aware and launched its attack (date variable, depending on your interpretation) and complete devastation of North America. And then there's some weird electric shit going on down his right arm. Kinda cool. Me likee.

Throttle control... meh, I can ignore that he's accelerating with his right hand off the throttle and throwing pipe-bombs or whatever they are. Who knows what mods he's got on that thing.

8. Yep, my annoyance at that hasn't diminished in the year it's been since I last saw it.
  9. Similar thoughts about the MT. Did you notice she was using her throttle hand to light the flairs?

Or that she rolled her hand forward to accelerate?

Also, if the "plane" had machine guns, why didn't it use them straight up, rather than following here around for so long?

The rest is pretty good, just let down by annoying flaws.
  10. For what looks like a low budget (zero) fanfic effort, I really wasn't too concerned.
  11. Ditto. Was too focused on how awesome it was and didn't even notice any of this

12. i've heard silly rumours that Mick Doohan used to brake with his thumb. how ridiculous.