Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RTA Geared Magazine - How to get your motorcycle license

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by The Snow Dog, Apr 19, 2006.

1. While waiting for my new license to come out the other end of the sausage machine today I picked up a copy of the RTA's new magazine GEARED and was surprised to see an article titled "Easy Riders - Getting your motorcycle license"

Whilst not much more than a simple "how-to" it was a very balanced article and included not one but two full page photographs - a VFR and a Tiger(?).

Nice to see...I thought, anyway.
  2. Must be a NSW thing, as I read somewhere on the web(here?) that here in Vic, the govt (Vicroads) don't / won't actively encourage motorcycles.

Must be why they are trying to tax us out of enjoying it.

3. Awww, I dunno. I think the GST they're picking up on the fuel excise is at least a little bit of encouragement to use two wheels, not four. Failing that, their complete disinterest in fixing our traffic problems is definitely a form of encouragement in my book. :wink:
  4. It all makes sense now. Discourage motorcycling and don't fix traffic problems so more people drive vehicles that use more petrol in more traffic for longer = more fuel excise/GST revenue.
  5. Yeah i did the same thing while waiting to Pay for my L's course and it had Merrick (from Merrick and Rosso) as the feature article advertising motorcycle riding and making sure you gear up correctly. From memory he rides a Ducati Monster.