Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW RTA Changes

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Noticibly F.A.T, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hey All,

Saw this news article and it looks like there are some changes to come of the RTA...

ABC news link

I wonder what affect this will have on us?
  2. "The RTA will not come out the same," Mr Gay said.

Dont mess with Mr Gay :)

And so the sackings start like i said
  3. Hopefully he takes some incentive from Andrew Stoners work and ideas too.

P.S. love the tags :D!
  4. oh **** the rta and the nsw goverment - they tend to think that nsw ends at campbeltown and newcastle
  5. I wonder when the ETA is for the audit of the mobile speed cameras, I know they've supposedly started the fixed speed cameras.
  6. Trust me, the nsw government has never heard of newcastle/hunter :). Its only where all the money in the state comes from, not where any of it ever goes to!
  7. this is encouraging

"We have to be able to get priority of freight onto the rail. We have to get a really proper integrated approach."
  8. Pretty sure I've heard most of this nonsense before at various times.
    Saw the report (on 7 or 9) last night - maybe I'm getting old and cynical, but it struck me as a bit of an exercise in rearranging the deck chairs...
    How hard would it be to (at least) turn the "SAFETY" cameras off until the review is complete? Just one of a number of things they could do to show the public they're serious about any kind of "reform" in the area of roads and traffic...
  9. Similar thoughts to mine. Was thinking the same about double demerits this easter. Bet it all goes ahead as normal.
  10. any one that takes long term planning powers off the rta is good in my book
  11. It's still a LONG way from the promise they made before the LAST state election, where they promised to dismantle the RTA altogether....