Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RST Paragon boots

Discussion in 'Boots' started by Jacob33, Feb 18, 2014.

1. #1 John33, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to Netrider and wanted to contribute with a review.

After riding in workboots and trainers for way too long it was time to get serious about getting a proper set of riding boots. After trying a number of brands I settled on the RST Paragon.

The good:

Sturdy, solid and very comfortable. Well made. For a new motorcycle boot user the biggest difference is the protection my ankles get from lateral movement and how strongly they feel around my feet when shifting gears and stopping at a set of traffic lights. Also being quite high, the Paragons have excellent shin protection. I've only used them in the rain twice, but so far waterproofing works 100%. The soles provide good grip on bitumen as well as indoor surfaces. I ride to Uni most weekdays and carry a pair of sneakers in the topbox, so all day comfort isn't an issue.

The bad:

Walking up and down stairs is a bit of a pain - the limited motion means you do have to concentrate. They're chunky under jeans and give a pronounced L shape to the bottom of your legs. Your feet get a bit hot in them. The length of these boots makes it hard to store much else in my topbox and I usually end up carrying my jacket.

Even though there are compromises, the RST Paragon boots have become my favourite bit of gear. I've now owned them for almost a month and wear them on every ride.
  2. Great review! Thanks for the insight!
    • Like Like x 1