Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RST leather/textile jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Whitey, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the RST combination leather/textile jackets. I was looking at the RST Rift leather jacket, but have been offered the combination jacket considerably less. Is the quality still the same. It does have the advantage of being waterproof but with leather in the abrasion areas.
    Option is to start with this jacket & maybe get the full leather later on. This will nearly cover the cost of boots to start out.

Any advice welcome

2. Couldn't find any info on the combination jacket so just thought spend the extra & get the better jacket. Grey/black Rift leather jacket now living at my house.

3. Same Jacket in the same colour as mine.

I have worn mine a lot now and I am still quite happy with it. I know you will enjoy it. Get stuck into it with the Dubbin though.

Mine is great, only places I get wet in heavy rain is where the stretch panels are under your arms.
  4. hey mate,
    I own a RST voltage (i think) jacket which is mostly leather with textile liner on the inside.

have been wearing it about 2/5 months now, still fits great and no complaints. it also has a removable liner for the colder months, which is always good :)