Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RS125 - Can it take a 90-100kg rider comfortably?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mewnz, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Hi everyone, am considering switching the vtr250 for a rs125 after getting my P's, nothing more than an option in my head at the moment but still!

Basically just curious as to how it will cope with a 90-100kg rider... kind of wary with it being a 125 although I have no experience with 2 strokes and apparently they pull much harder so it might be possible.

Thanks for any help!
  2. I think you'll find the rs125 wont be any faster than the vtr250. An rs250 ojn the other hand tho :twisted:
  3. They pull harder but you need to be in the right rev range. At a stop they aren't the best to drag but top speed is probably higher and they are arguably the best bike in the twisties or for racing in 250cc or less (apart from the RS250) imho
  4. You'll find that the VTR250 weighs about 141kg and the RS125 around 120kg. However the VTR has around 32hp to the RS125's 30-34hp (varies on location).

So yeah, not a real difference once your sitting on it with full gear. The RS125 will need a top-end rebuild every 15,000km or so.
  5. u will have to rev the rs to get it moving, where the vtr is nice and torque (for a 250).
  6. I would'nt touch an rs125 with a barge-poll...but a bit better than walking I suppose. :)
  7. Hill starts will be great fun. I'm at the upper end of your range and thoroughly enjoy paddling my sister's Cagiva through the intersections on the odd occasion I take it for a spin.

Once it's going it's great fun so if you don't have to stop then maybe. But if you do...don't even think about it.