Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RS125 2 stroke oil.

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Horlicks, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Just like to know what 2 stroke oil do you owners use on an RS125 use?
    Im using Motul 710T oil but at $30 ltr its quite expensive to use when toping it up after 500km.

2. Keep using the Motul oil, its a $10,000 bike and the 2 stroke oil acts as your primary lubricant. You can try other high end brands, but you'll only be saving a handfull of dollars.
  3. I use Castrol TTS. And my pistons looked only 100kms old after 6000kms of riding.
  4. Castrol TTS is good oil, I use it in my dirt bike and rs.
    I would recommend staying with motul though. They are the recommended oil and supposedly one of the best.
  5. I've tried a lot of different types of oils over the years with my 2-strokes (kx125, KDX200 & NSR250) I reckon it's worth spending the extra bucks on Motul. I always noticed a difference between Motul & shell or castrol etc. The Motul 2S Racing oil even smells good too. :grin:
  6. I use the Motul 710 as well, but had the shop order in a 4litre job for me. think it cost me just under $80 bucks.

I trust Castrol TTS as well, as it's 100% synthetic (like pure cocaine for your Prilla)
  7. 4 ltrs of Motul 710T for just under $80.... Cheapest here is $99, and trying to find it is near impossible thats within 25km of where i live.
    In the states is like around the $60 of course.
    But you guys are right, the Motul is the best for it.
  8. AMS Oil 'Interceptor'
  9. I use to have a RS125 and Motul was always the way to go.

Just think about the cost when you need to rebuild your engine earlier than expected!