Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RRPA Broadford Dec 12

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by GSXR Mark, Dec 10, 2008.

1. I am doing my first track day on friday at Broadford under the guidance of Alex Gobert and his RRPA School :grin:
    Was wondering if anyone from here was also going along? Cannot wait and i hope weather is ok :wink:

2. Alex is doing a good thing here, by all accounts. Let us know how you go, and what you think of it.
  3. Well it was a shame about the weather cos it rained most of the day, but it was still a good day of riding and coaching for all - with no accidents! :grin:

The program is building each and every time out, and we can't wait for 2009.
  4. Broadford is fairly grippy in the wet.

Glad to hear that it was a good day out.
  5. :grin: Despite the weather the day was great
    Alex kept the day moving really well and i would recomend the school to anyone who wishes to improve there riding on the track or street :wink:
  6. Tell us what you learned, Mark. Photos too, if you've got any.
  7. :grin: I think Alex was going to post some pics on his web site.
    The way he conducted the day is with 5 classroom sesions followed by approx 15 minutes on the track with two coaches riding with the group. The first sesssion in the classs room was more about mental preperation and having your bike ready for a track day
    session two was braking
    session three was throttle conrtol
    session four was body positioning
    session five was counter steering
    :grin: Iwas able to take something out of every session in the class and on the track.... for me now the challenge will be to put it all together.
    Another good thing about the day is the chance to meet and talk with other riders in a non competive enviroment where regardless of peoples riding ability or what they are riding everybody is there to learn :wink:
  8. Yep, we'll be posting pics on the website shortly when the web developer gets to it!

Here is an official rundown of the sessions that we teach on the day:
    Session 1 - Aims and Goals / Preparation / Relaxation / Heath / Safety
    Session 2 - Braking / Shifting / Throttle Control
    Session 3 - Body Position
    Session 4 - Cornering
    Session 5 - Cornering 2 and Visual Awareness

Our curriculum is really working well at the moment and we have adopted some structure changes for 2009 which will realy put the icing on the cake. There is alot to learn but our method of getting many things accross in an understanding manner in one day is our key.
  9. Is there any chance of a Discounted Training day, for NR Members, at some stage in the future?
  10. While we are still getting established and building in 2009 then we are not in a position to offer discounted positions as yet. On the other hand, compared to other select professional national schools we are quite a lot cheaper so it's still a good option anyway.

Since we lowered the price from $325.00 to $275.00 it's not viable for us to lower it more at this stage.
  11. Yeah, I noticed that you did that.
  12. 15 minutes per prac session seems very short? When allowing for traffic and getting some clear road to focus on your class elements, It is not much more than half a dozen laps, I would have thought that some longer sessions so people didn’t feel that every lap counter (So to speak) would make sense???
  13. FL, 15 mins is plenty enough time to practice a single class element. It's not a track day, it's a school and I imagine that Alex is breaking the tutoring down so you practice one thing at a time.
  14. Like with most track days or even schools, the sessions are usually between 17-20 minutes depending on time. Since it was a wet and rainy school, we had to stay on target properly so sometimes had to knock them down a little again. Besides, nobody complained to get out of the rain!

Traffic is never a problem at our school cos we only allow around 10 people or so per group.
  15. :grin: As Alex said nobody complained about how long we spent on the track regardless of if it was 14 or 17 minutes. We were all there to learn and be helped and the whole day was run with this in mind .
    The two ride instuctors were on the track for the whole day plus giving feedback to Alex and the students.
    :wink: Will do it again :wink:
  16. Goodonya Mark. Glad it was a help to you.