Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Royal Enfield UCE Reliability

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by mattb, Aug 10, 2012.

1. A couple of weeks back at the Royal Enfield Club of Australia Winter Rally in Broken Hill I was impressed to see that UCEs - the Royal Enfield unit construction engine Bullets - had come from all over the place, at highway speeds, without a hitch. The old Bullets such as mine will blow up if you do highway speeds all day, and might blow up anyway even if you stick to 80kph. Well I just read of one fellow doing a 1000miles-in-a-day challenge on his UCE and it held up fine! It actually did 1760kms in 20hrs. At 130kph.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,14942.msg160517.html#msg160517

Sure, a few things went wrong. But they were minor in my book (witness that he fixed them on the road) and you can expect challenges from a big single ridding for almost 2000km at 130kph, and in the budget-priced case of the Royal Enfield it's fantastic.

2. They better be reliable, because they don't have historicity to excuse idiosyncrasy any more, no one is going to want an unreliable honda.

3. I kept telling people my 2011 C5 had no problems at highway speeds+, but no one believed me! :p