Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News Royal Enfield Himalayan Spotted on Production Line

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' at netrider.net.au started by NetriderBot, Sep 9, 2015.

1. We’ve seen various images of Royal Enfield’s upcoming adventure bike being tested on the road, but this is the first shot we see of the bike in near final trim and coming off the production line no less. While there will likely be some minor cosmetic changes to the bike to pretty it up before final release it can clearly be seen that it’s virtually ready to hit the market.

Up front is a larger wheel with both it and the rear using spoked wheels instead of alloys. The front fork is much longer than any other previous Royal Enfield and both front and rear brakes use discs and will come with ABS. The Himalayan will sport a brand new engine too, expected to be around 410 cc. Another first for the brand is the rear monoshock.

While no one will argue it’s a beautiful motorcycle, we kind of dig its looks – there’s definitely enough nostalgia here to know it’s a Royal Enfield, despite being an all new direction for the company. We’re a little unsure of those crash bars at the front of the bike, however but perhaps they have a some form of luggage carrying capacity too.

The Royal Enfield Himalayan will be officially unveiled later this year and will hit showrooms in early 2016.

Source: BikeAdvice.in

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. I'll take one right now....

3. This reminds me of that Jeep ad where the guy drive his Jeep to a remote place, walks to a lookout and shouts, "I bought a Jeep!"

To which the reply is shouted, " How are you getting home?"

I would own and ride an Enfield, but I wouldn't be taking one to anywhere I couldn't get help by walking.

• Funny Funny x 1