Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Route Marulan - Bungonia - Nerriga - Nowra

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Bandit01, Apr 30, 2013.

1. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a half decent road suitable for motorcycles that runs from Marulan through Bungonia through Nerriga through Sassafras to Nowra? A quick look at a map says there is, but I don't know if it's suitable for bikes and whether it is tar or dirt or a mixture. The only other ways to get to the coast is via Fitzoy Falls/Kangaroo Valley, Mac Pass or Kings Highway.

• Like Like x 1
  2. There sure is Oallen Ford road ( some Dirt) comes out onto Nerriga road. Left for Nerriga pub and Nowra or right to Braidwood ( Some dirt ).
  3. nickn,

Thanks. How long is the dirt for and is it OK for motorcycles? Would you recommend this as a decent motorcycle route to get from Marulan to Nowra?
  4. I came from Goulburn and joined onto Oallen Fall Rd from Windemalla Rd 2 weeks ago and other than the 3k's or so of dirt is a pretty good ride .. Sadly I fell off just before the river crossing but kept an eye on the road through to Nerriga/Nowra from the car in the event we go back down to Berry again (and I will)
  5. I rode Canberra to Tarago and then. Nerriga via Oallen Falls Rd. the 3 Ks of dirt are fine if you take it carefully (I was on a cruiser).
  6. hallmar,

Thanks. I hope you didn't damage the bike much and you're OK. I'm looking at doing Marulan thru to Nowra so I might need some more info about the roads prior to Oallen Fall Rd.

I see you're "Searching for Sugarman" and assume you've seen the movie and have his 3 albums. I've got Cold fact on Vinyl from around 1973 and the 3 on CD. Rodriguez is bloody good and should have really big everywhere.
  7. Cheers Bandit, 1 broken collarbone and a written off RSV1000 is the result .. I listened to Rodriguez many years ago as you did and he surely was the most underated singer I know ... The Searching for Sugarman thing was a reference to looking for a new bike (a little weird eh) :)

And I'm sure someone will chime in on the roads before Oallen, but yea I felt fine on the dirt part I did with the sportsbike, there was a 1098 Corse and Duc 1000DS with me as well and they found it np at all
  8. Hallmar,

Mate, not good at all. Both you and the bike damaged. I hope you heel quickly and the bike was insured.

Let me know how you get on
  9. From memory a couple sections of dirt of a couple of kays each. Allways done on sportsbikes with no problems at all. Worth doing at least once. I can recommend it but Ive done it a few times from both ends and loived it but thats me. The other way is to cut back up to Bundanoon and work your way across to Nowra road through Kangaroo Valley.