Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Round Two for this guy!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mitchkip, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,

I've kind of not posted much since probably 2010 and just reactivated my account, rather than necro a thread I thought I would start a new intro!

A few things have changed since my old trusty CBR250RR!

I stopped posting on here for who knows why, probably something to do with starting to work more and having a lovely ex-partner at the time who wouldn't let me do anything.. Ahh... young love...

Since the old days I had a 2003 GSXR 600 I put far too many km on and had crashed (car park highside.) and sold to a mate as a package deal with the amazing exotic 1993 Camry fleet package.

I ended up getting right into cars for a bit and picked up a 1995 S1.5 R33 GTST that I had some fun with, ended up trading that in for an Evo VIII which I still have and also bought a 2006 GSXR 750 which I absolutely fell in love with but ended up not finding time to ride again and ended up selling to a good friend of mine who crashed that a couple months into ownership.

So I stayed bike-less for a good while and the bug continued to hit, first it was thinking about bikes, then talking about bikes which lead to looking at bikes online, which ultimately led to me taking a beautiful example of a Hypermotard for a test ride which I then bought on the spot.

I'm always a sucker for spending money on things and making them go faster or sound better and even look prettier. Thankfully whoever owned this beast prior to me serviced it meticulously and spent a shedful of cash upgrading it with carbon and Termi slip-ons. So it's saved me a little bit (That's my justification anyway!)

I'm still learning to adapt to the new ride-style that a motard (purists gonna flame on.) brings but it's a ridiculously agile thing that scares children and old ladies that is more comfortable than the sports bikes I've been used to and much more usable around town and in the slower stuff.

But anyway, thanks for reading my novel and if there are any folks who wish to go for a ride or meet up and talk rubbish I'm usually up for it. My roster working for Toyota is a bit all over the shop so weekdays or late weekends are best!

Link to FB Album because I'm bad and can't embed without triplicates.
    Ducati Hypermotard 1100 | Facebook
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome back Mitchkip..
    I currently ride a blek 07 Gixxer and previously owned a R34. I luv Jap.

3. welcome back :)
  4. Welcome back to NR and biking.
    Nice ride :)
  5. Welcome back to the world of motorcycles!

Nice bike there...
  6. Thanks all! :D

If the weather is kind tomorrow / Wednesday I'm keen to put a few km down :>
  7. I'm looking to save a few bob too - can you give me your ex girlfriends number?

Welcome back.
  8. Unfortunately mate it all went towards supporting her at the time!

I believe she is off the market now anyway, poor bloke.
    • Funny Funny x 1