Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Round 4 Interclub: 250cc My Racing experience 2

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by RedNinja, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Followup to previous topic "My 250cc Racing Experience May 5th - Long Read"

On Sunday at the Broadford Interclub round 4 race meet, I finally got the new bike out for a race meet and it was really hard to believe I was really there.

The previous night I had given up by 9:30pm, due to a serious electrical issue preventing the bike from producing any power under open throttle. Generally I was just too tired, I'd tried my hardest without making it and I was miff'ed from working on it so much.

That was due to change at 10:30pm after a call from a friend, got off the couch and tried a few more experiments. By 1am Sunday morning, two late night loud stealth runs up the street (Not so stealthy), the bike was race ready with no track testing done. I was excited and to be honest scared.

Sunday 5:45am wakeup, drive to the track and the best outcome; Zero problems with the race scrutinising people, nice. I did find a few a few bugs on the warm-up lap, nothing serious :LOL: (No rear brake and wrong position of the front brake lever, nice combination). After 10 minutes they were fixed.

The bike performed well all day in all my races, probably needs dyno tuning/ re-jetting and a better rider, but it finished all races and you have to be happy with that.

It is scary to think I was probably doing 160kph on the main straight yesterday, on something I'd build in the garage over 3 months out of 20 year old bike bits.

Looking forward to a few race practice days now and a break from working on my bike every spare moment and a bit of quality time with Sides. Next meet is November.

Thanks to Sides for all the support over the last few months (It hasn't been easy) and photos, Daniel T for the late night call, Cejay for being so full of rub-off energy and Triway for chat during the day.

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/DJ1976/Round 4 Interclub/

Rubber Side Down RN.
  2. It was great to see you there, having a go, having fun and enjoying the atmosphere. The people at these places are just great, the enthusiasm from them all is contagious!