Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Roughcactus gets an upgrade!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Bamm-Bamm, May 28, 2006.

1. As some of you know my restrictions are up in a couple of months and I have been looking at a few diferent bikes...at every opportunity anybody I cornered would get asked for opinions or suggestions of posible candidates. I have signed up to basically every owners forum there is doing my research..and after seriously mulling over the VFR-800 and the Blackbird...I chose the Blackbird...the head said VFR the heart said Blackbird...and lets face it buying a bike is all about emotion as well as practicality :grin:

I got a deal on the bike that was to good to refuse so she will sit in the garage for a couple of months till im legit...but thats ok the anticipation will make riding here evn more sweet!

So here are some pics of my new baby

Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2003 Model
    Black with Staintunes(no baffles...fcuk me it's loud after the Hornet)

2. Noice one champ :biker:
  3. vara narce, now all you have to do is resist the temptation for two months :grin:
  4. Nice work mate! My restrictions come off June 6, I have been told the 675 will be available for me to buy anytime between june 7-end of june (depending on customs, triumph getting bike to my dealer)

5. Noice! :LOL:
    Now lets see Minna get away from you. :p
  6. very nice mate, I used to have an 04 model youll have a lot of fun with that. :wink:
    Just be carefull when you have someone on the back as she will lift the front wheel pretty easy :)
  7. Good work Keith :)

8. Congrats Keith, very nice..

Is it really going to sit in the garage for 2 whole months, not even just a quite run around the block to keep everything moving the way its spose to :? :? .
  9. awesome looking beast, you must be chuffed!!!
  10. Two months? That'll be a test of your self-control!

Congratulations, that looks like a sensational new toy.

11. Be cautious with your right wrist...otherwise enjoy the bird :) They're a great bike.
  12. two months in the garage yea right Lol, it'll get ridden :)

Enjoy the new machine Keith :grin:
  13. Very sinister mate, gorgeous.. Cant wait for another year when i'm in your positon man, bring on the vtr!
  14. Onya Keithy, Nice one
  15. Yeah very nice bike dude :)
  16. Thanks for all the comments guys...I can't stop looking at the 'other' woman in my life...these 2 months are going to be s-l-o-w ones I tell ya

Congrats on the purchase of the SV thou...how do you like your new toy?

I will be a good boy...it will get ridden...to the end of the driveway and back...maybe :grin:
  17. After a few little personality clashes in the first week, loven the Vtwin now..

Sooooooo differant from the daytona..

And if Jafu tells anyone I had the front wheel off the ground on Saturday, its all lies. Im a good girl, I wouldnt do that :wink: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ..
  18. Well done Keith, looks like a nice ride, almost a twin of Steve's Blackbird.

Be careful though mate, you could go blind if your going to sit in the shed and just polish it for 2 months :cool:
  19. Well done Keith. That is fantastic news. Great looking bike. :beer:
  20. Keith top job on the new bike..... Looks in mint condition. I hope those next couple of months go quickly for you ;)