Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

rough gear changes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by DK, Sep 24, 2004.

1. I had a mini drop yesterday - in basement car park at work. :oops: To cut a long story short I took off with the choke still out, as I went to turn up the ramp i rolled off the throttle but the Zeph didnt slow down, forcing me to grab a handful of front brake and over we went. Very slow speed stuff.

When I picked her up she was stuck in second. I got her going again I noticed that the gear changes since then are quite rough/stiff. The best way i can describe it is that mid gear change I can feel it clicking through - its also a little stiff.

Im not sure whether I am being paranoid/over sensitive or could the little drop have sent something slightly out of whack???????

Im thinking I might just take it for a service........

Thoughts appreciated.

2. is it possible that you just bent the foot gear change lever? (just a guess - by your description nothing major could have happened)
  3. have a look at the shifter and all the moving bits around it. there is a chance its rubbing against something. if not, then most likely you are beinf a bit paranoind :wink:
  4. I should have added that she dropped to the right, not the left - adding to my confusion!
  5. are you coming in for coffee tonight?
    if so there should be a few who can have a look and maybe able to help out
  6. good call. i will see what i can cook up.