Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rot Your Socks

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by DisgruntledDog, Jun 28, 2009.

1. I had an Intermediate Motorcycle Riding course today. As I was leaving at 7:30 this morning, I opened the gate, rode the bike through, got off the bike to shut the gate. As I was doing so, I heard a crunch and turned around to see my poor bike on its side. Broke the right hand mirror off at the stem and the indicator punched through the fairing. I've got to put my driveway in. :(

The damage isn't too bad but my Dog that was a bad start to the day.

The training course was really great. Got lots our of it and it was a heap of fun. Recommend it to anyone who rides a bike who hasn't done a similar course.

2. I feel your pain. Ain't nothing worse than that "crunchin'" sound.
  3. I just can't believe how easy it is for the bike to go down. I hope it was just the mirror & no other damage.

Super cut puppy!
  4. we've all done it at least once, DD, don't feel too bad :).
  5. Instead of the Intermediate Course from HART I should have done the Bike Parking 101 course.
  6. I avoid parking the bike with the engine running; my old Yamaha 650 vibrated so much it could 'jiggle' its way forward and off the stand, even on level ground :LOL:.
  7. been there. done that. now you can bling a few things..
    maybe a studded collar..
  8. why dont people take pics when their bike is lying down? :grin:
  9. embarrassment
  10. thats why i didnt
  11. You are one sick puppy if you want to see pics of that sort of embarrassment :p