Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rossi P134 riding boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by mr_roboto, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

I'm looking at some boots, and these have caught my eye, due to their simplicity and the absence of the 'wank factor' that seems present in most bike boots made these days. That and they look like normal shoes that you could walk around in and not look like a tosser.

I can't seem to find any reviews though. Has anyone bought these, are they any good? What I find with a lot of bike boots is that they tend to look like galoshes. I like how these one's dont, they look like they're actually leather boots.

People on this other bike forum I used to visit said they are good, but I can't remember the details, so I'm asking here. Opinions etc welcome.

2. My old faithfulls.

I brought these boots about 12 years ago when I got my first bike. I only replaced them 2 months ago with another brand. Believe me..I was upset I had to through them out!

They are a great shoe, comfy and watertight and have great tread so your foot won't slip when you put your foot down on a slippery surface.

The only downside I found was that there is no shin sheild and they don't have elastic at the top for people who have bigger calfs.

I didn't know they still made them too be honest. Rossi seem to be pushing their other boot which to me seems alot bulkier and heavier (hence why I didn't buy it) but if I'd known I probably would of brought another pair.
  3. Cool. Im just wondering do they look like gumboots in real life? Ive tried finding other photos but cant seem to find any.. I guess I will just have to go to the shop and look.
  4. Rossi boots are comfortable and well made, you can wear them all day without a problem, sole has chunky tread leather is supple. Bought mine in Feb and very happy with them,don't know the style name. Had Rossi work boots years ago and lasted for ages. Fit ankle and calf really well.
  5. Hi All,

I tried the P134 boots on yesterday. If like me you have big calf muscles (too much bicycle riding) then you may find them tight at the top. I loved the look but couldn't do the top up with jeans on.

Ended up buying the Rossi 814 Roadster, didn't look as good but suited my big calves much better.

All the best,
  6. I've got some different Rossis, which I've crashed a few times. Every time I've crashed in Rossis, I've sprained an ankle to varying degrees. They have SFA ankle protection.

So yeah, they're good to wear around all day, if that's your main priority, but as a piece of safety gear they're a fair compromise.

That said, I still wear mine around a fair bit, and they're only just starting to fall apart after 5+ years... I oughtta take them in for fixin'.
  7. i couldnt get the rossi's at all, they just didnt seem to suit my abnormally large wang.