Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Rossi Love

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Bear Arse, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Watching Rossi win the PI GP almost makes up for Losing the Rugby to the All Blacks.

His professionalism on the track is only matched by his enthusiasm and sheer love of life off the track.

• Like Like x 2
  2. It is good to see him on the Podium again. Always a fan, and as you say as much for his love of competition and life.
  3. Yeah...he's awesome!
  4. Pity about Marquez dropping it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. That's the only reason why Rossi won, Marky was a good 400m in front when he washed out, looked like a real stupid crash too.
  6. Yes Marquez is a talent and has nothing more to to prove this year. But that old racing sayimg applies, In order to finish first, first you have to finish.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Agree Chris, we use this in yachting all the time, no point having the biggest fastest boat if you cannot get the thing across the line at the finish. Seen many a race won by people who sailed well to the conditions and their yacht and actually finished the race. Only 1 boat finished Port Fairy 3 years ago so they got line honors and 1st in all 3 divisions, set them up to win the Offshore Championship that year.

Cheers Jeremy
  8. LOL That's like saying Ford only won because Holden choked during the last laps at Bathurst.
  9. Fair enough, goodo to the old man for winning one.
  10. There is of course the other great saying -

"Old age and treachery will beat youth and enthusiasm"
    • Like Like x 1
  11. As Vin Diesel said, "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winings winning" Seems odd though that in the last few laps of the race, suddenly riders are losing the front. I suspect that the front tyres they were using were dodgy. I'd like to see what they were like at the end of the race.
  12. Yeah, like I said, very odd crash for Marky. He was coming out of a turn and as he switched over for the next one, it just washed out from under him. Wasn't even settled in and pushing during the turn.
  13. Rossi won because he rode the best race, chose tyres wisely and didn't crash. Some of the dicing between him and Lorenzo was brilliant, and Rossi and MM at the start too. Millers win was excellent and I think it was the best racing of the day...Real 'edge of the seat' stuff and richly deserved.
    Rossi rides well consistently and I believe it would be quite interesting to see Rossi on MM's spare bike, set up for him, and have them go at it. But that's just my opinion and I take nothing away from MM...He is awesome, but so is 'The Doctor'...

Kobo :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Well, they did, didn't they. It's not as though Marquez has shown an inclination to hit the deck cheaply.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. With regard to all the T4 crashes, factor in also that both Friday and Sunday afternoon the wind was from the south which because its coming from behind you going into T4 adds a few extra kph to your speed on the approach and pushes you in a little deeper.

btw. I was in the best posie to see it all 1st hand, having spent the weekend in orange at 4L....
  16. care of the missus and more coming :)

Attached Files: