Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rossi 666 Shearer's Boots as Motorcycle Boots?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by braith7, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Hey Guys, ive just discovered Shearer's Boots (much to my farmer brothers-in-law's disgust :) ) and wondered if they'd be ok to use as bike boots - search "Rossi 666 Shearer's Boots"

I assume im not the first to wonder this but I couldnt find any threads... any thoughts?

2. They don't look like they have anything in the way of ankle support , and I'm not sure how they would survive a decent fall.
    I personally would not use them as I value my toes too much, however the choice is yours.
    At least they're not crocks or thongs.

3. Yeah, fair enough - they are definitely a bit light but I figured they are going to stay on at least.

I was looking at getting a pair to wear to work with jeans and thought theyd probably be ok for bike boots on the commute to and from work
  4. Ahh ok , i ride daily to and from work so i have a DR set and shoes at work.

I ride with these;

Alpine Stars S-MX2.

I will be upgrading as the budget allows.. Essentially i ride to work, then kick these off and change into my runners/shoes depending on how i feel.
  5. I have a pair of those Rossis (sold them for years) about the only thing they have going for them is the flap will keep them on in a fall, Unlike elastic sided safety boots. The oil kip leather is very soft so they won't give much ankle support. Long length lace up safety boots, laced firmly would be better. But what you should consider is proper bike boots with ankle hyper-extension protection. There's a meme getting around about SIDI boots may be pricy with a picture of a guy's tibia (or fibula) sticking out above his running shoe
  6. I'll not wear any boots that don't have ankle protection, I've come off twice at not even high speed and both times my ankle got hit. If you want something that's not obviously a bike boot look at the forma voyage. Or if you feel cheap the bullson maddox is good for the price.
  7. Thanks guys, message received :)

I'll look into some proper boots :)