Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Roland Emmerich blows up the world... again

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MREVOX, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Once again, Roland Emmerich is blowing up the world - in spectacular fashion I might add. Too bad these kind of movies stick to the "Summer Action Blockbuster" formula and forget anything about story lines.

2012 Trailer

And, he's managed to reach new heights of ridiculosity... "The Day After Tomorrow" had the protagonists literally running from the "freeze". This time, Emmerich has humankind building giant "Arks" to which they fly zoo animals to attached to the bottom of helicopters *and* he has the main characters drive a car at speed out the back of a crashing aeroplane... sigh.

2. Yeh.
  3. There, I fixed it for you :)
  4. noooooooo. i thought shit like this was beneath john cusack.

i guess at least it doesn't have that ditz megan fox in it :grin:
  5. there's not such word as ridiculosity, and ridiculous is not a verb, so BOTH are wrong

you should have just used an old Aussie aphorism and said that he managed to make a goose of himself.....
  6. looks good to me.
    sure it's pretty fkn far fetched and unbelievable, but who cares?
    go watch a Doco if you want realistic....
  7. Looks as if it's just another really good excuse for over the top special effects, large buildings collapsing and bits of the USA sliding into the ocean.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... :LOL: :p
  8. don't forget that he was in con-air. This is a step across from bad action/bad plot to bad action/bad science/bad plot.
  9. BUT conair is a guilty pleasure.
  10. Thats just because you love the theme song :grin:
  11. John Cusack is brilliant, has been since the '80s and is above any ridiculisation.

Haven't you all seen his cigarette trick?
  12. Ridiculousness

13. whoops. wrong trick :LOL:

14. #14 Fuzzy, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015