Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Roger and Loz doin' the Targa

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Loz, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Although I personally don't approve, I'm aware that there's a contingent of people on Netrider that think it's somehow "cool" to drive around fast in cars. Well whoop de doo. Do they wheelie? NO. Stick 'em up yer date then.

Having said that, any chance to tour Tasmania is a good one as far as I'm concerned, so when Rog' said he needed an assistant mechanic for the Targa Tassie, I put my hand up.

We arrived today and have spent our first few hours getting right on the slops and achieving absolutely nothing of value. I understand the next couple of days may be similar. But I've already seen a lot of very expensive and fast cars, not the least of which is our team car - a 1976 Ferrari 308 GTB. Our driver Rob Gambino stands a good chance of winning his class and category - he's won both at previous Targas and is here to have a proper crack at it this year.

While cars don't excite me much, I approve of anything that results in bulk petrol and rubber/silica wastage, life risking and crazy cornering. So wish us luck. It seems to be a crazy and highly passionate bunch of people here - so as far as I'm concerned good on 'em, we'll just try to keep them on the road.

If anything interesting happens, I'll stick it in this thread. Now, I'm thoroughly sloshed, so I'm going to hit the fart sack. Rock!
  2. Oh, and I should add, if any Tassie folk wanna catch up and say g'day, gimme a yell if the race cars are coming through your area. We might have some spare time for a beer and a gasbag. :)
  3. pictures, loz, pictures :wink:
  4. You'll have that Ferrari looking like the Minja in no time at all!

Good luck!
  5. Good luck! Should be a heap of fun. :)

Targa Tasmania's one of the things on my 'to do' list.
  6. Woohooo!!! Sounds like it'll be a hoot of an experience.

+1 on the pics.
  7. loz, if he crashes it & bends some panels, you should remove the 'fairing' and turn it in to a 'streetfighter'!
  8. Here's the car... Now covered in a metric shitload of stickers. Passed scrutineering this morning, the racing starts on Tuesday so it's thumbs up bums time.

We're #508 if you want to keep an eye on the results. :)
  9. Oh maaaaaan! Trip down memory lane!! I used to have a scalectric car that looked just like that!

Good luck!
  10. Targa rawks. :grin:
  11. Have a grouse time and don't forget to send lots more ------->
  12. We only have one cd with us. The new suade thingy. We are sure to be sick of it by the weekend.
  13. I drove one of those round a racetrack in Canberra, with the owner sitting in the passenger seat, punching my upper arm and yelling, "Drive faster!!!" :LOL:
  14. Pffft. Stop bl00dy apologising about secretly liking cars Loz. Anyone who knocks them obviously hasn't belted a rear wheel drive car down a decent gravel road for any length of time :LOL: :LOL: Anything that burns petrol and rubber is good in my book. Personally, all these exclusive elitist bike riders sh!t me more that a lot of car enthusiasts. Have a blast bloke. I'm jealous :)
  15. It looked very nice in person as it does in the photo, but what is missing in the photo, is the engine rumble...noice.

phong =P~
  16. reports has it, Roj has a Magnum PI style moe to match the car ! :LOL:
  17. Micky, you just wish that you were me.
  18. Rog, we all wish we were you. You is awesomeness personified.

We bow to your goodness.
  19. [​IMG]
    Targa? a beautiful Ferrari? and, i'm guessing you've left the wives on the mainland? like a T-rex in a fighter plane, words cannot explain TEH AWESOME
  20. damn what an amazing experience....would love to be over there in the action, seeing all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on....can't wait to hear the stories you come back with from this

4 wheels can and do flip just like bikes if that makes you feel better :)