Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rode the Spurs today.

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Kevo954, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    Myself and another six mates on bikes did the Spurs today riding from Warburton up the Reefton then on to Marysville for a bite and a cuppa and from there along the Black Spur. :)
    In contrast to a couple of months ago (worst ride due to road conditions :mad: ) to today where the Reefton was great and back to 100kph :applause: , there was a small section that had a few loose stones but still good riding all the way to the T at the top, from there to Marysville there was a bit of bark litter but other than that it was a pretty good ride.:woot:
    From Marysville along the Black Spur there was very little traffic which we overtook easily :-w and had a great time through the twisties to home. If you were thinking of going for a cruise through the Spurs but uncertain about road conditions just jump on the bike and go. Kev. :biker:

2. Good to hear mate, thanks for that.

I'll have to get out there at least once more while I still live so close.
  3. for someone who lives in geelong, can someone google map me the spur? cheers.
  4. http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&...635,145.713043&spn=0.294192,0.404434&t=h&z=11

A to B is The Black Spur
    B to C to D is the Reefton Spur

If you're going to make the effort to come up from Geelong then maybe try this.

Get a few more twisties in and make it worth that horrible stretch of hell they call the freeway. ;)

I went down the Reefton a few weeks ago and the top section was shite. Bark and rubbish everywhere, but the lower twisty section was awesome.

But if Kevo says it's clear... let's roll! :biker: